Your donation enjoys tax benefits!
All donations to Salute e Sviluppo enjoy tax benefits, you only have to choose to deduct or write off the amount donated. As Salute e Sviluppo is both an NGO – Non-Governmental Organisation (http://www.cooperazioneallosviluppo.esteri.it/pdgcs/italiano/Partner/ONG/ONG.asp) – and an ONLUS – Non-Profit Organisation of Social Utility (art. 10, paragraph 8, of Legislative Decree 460/1197) – a private individual or a company making a donation can freely decide on which tax benefit to take advantage.
The benefits provided are different and depend on the legislation applied.
Are you an individual?
You have two options according to the regulations applied to donations made to
non- governamental organization.
– to write off 26% of the donated amount from your gross tax, up to a maximum of €30,000
(art.15, comma 1.1del D.P.R. 917/86);
– or deducting from your income donations, in cash or in kind, for an amount not exceeding
10% of the total declared income and, in any case, up to a maximum of €70,000.00 per year
(art. 14, comma 1 del Decreto Legge 35/05 convertito in Legge n. 80 del 14/05/2005).
Otherwise, under the tax regime applied to charitable donations to NGOs,
you have another option
– deduct donations from your income for an amount not exceeding 2% of your total declared income
(art. 10, comma 1 lettera g del D.P.R. 917/86).
Are you a company?
So, you can:
– deduct donations from income for an amount not exceeding €30,000.00 or 2% of declared business income
(art.100, comma 2 lettera h del D.P.R. 917/86);
– or deduct from income donations, in cash or in kind, for an amount not exceeding 10%
of the total declared income and in any case up to a maximum of €70,000.00 per year
(art. 14, comma 1 del D. L. 35/05 convertito in legge n. 80 del 14/05/2005).
If you do not know which is the right solution for you, ask your trusted advisor or at the public income tax offices in your country.
Don’t forget to preserve:
– the payment receipt, in case of donation by postal order;
– credit card statement, for donations by credit card;
– the statement of your current account (bank or post office), in case of a transfer or a bank direct debit.
Please note: tax benefits are not cumulative. Cash donations are not covered by any relief.